FlexOx is a technology aimed at reducing overall oxy/gas burner/injector costs,
while increasing productivity in electric arc furnaces (EAF) through more efficient
application of chemical energy with flexibility over the entire range of potency and
customized jet velocity during heats.
This innovative component-oriented design allows for the exchange of gas outlets in order to change the geometry of the gas flow and consequently the adjustment of the chemical power program of the furnace.
• Flow of Main (primary) Oxygen between 500 to 3,000
Nm3/h (317 to 1,902 SCFM);
• Burner power between 0.5 to 5.0 MW;
• Injector tip with or without water cooling;
• Weight between 7 and 20kg (15.4 and 44 lbs);
• Availability mounting blocks nearby panels and blocks projected up to 1,500mm (4.92ft) into the furnace;
• Low equipment cost;
• Low maintenance cost;
• Easy maintenance with low ergonomic effort;
• Ability to promote quick formation of slag;
• Reduction of electrode and refractory consumption;
• Reduction of oxygen consumption;
• Increased productivity;
• Ongoing support in the process development;
• Deep penetration and greater stirring;
• Greater slag foaming formation;
• Reduction of electrical energy consumption.